Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- meat: 1 lb leg of Lamb
- rice: 1.6 oz = 3-4 T
- ghee 1.6 oz = 1/4 c
- gram (Chickpeas) .8 oz = 2T
- onions 3 oz sliced (check volume)
- salt .8 oz salt! = 1T
- fresh ginger .4 oz peeled and copped (check volume)
- garlic .07 ounce! = aprox 1/2 clove, sliced
- pepper .035 oz = 1/2 t
- cinnamon .035 oz = 1/4 stick
- cardamon .035 oz = aprox 1/2 t
- cloves .035 oz = aprox 1/2
Melt the ghee, put it in a pot. Brown the meat, onions, and garlic in it for about 5 minutes on a medium heat. Add 1 1/4 c of lukewarm water, salt, Chickpeas, cinnamon. Simmer about another 10 minutes, then add ginger, pepper, cardamom and cloves. Add the rice and another 1/2 c of water. Simmer another 1/2 hour. Serve.
This was done on the (very uncertain) assumption that Shulla is related to Shurba in al-Baghdadi, and that the recipe we have for the latter thus gives a rough idea of how the former is made.