Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6½ cups
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 cup quinoa seed
- ⅓ cup chopped veggie bacon
- 1 tbsp margarine or vegetable oil
- ½ cup celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Wash the wild rice in a wire strainer and run cold water over it.
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook the wild rice in 4 cups of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low hear for about 1 hour, until all the water has been absorbed.
- During the last 15 minutes, add quinoa and, if the rice is almost dry, 1 additional cup of boiling water.
- While the rice is cooking, fry the bacon in a pan.
- When crisp, remove and drain.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet and add the celery, onion and mushrooms; sauté for about 5 minutes.
- In a casserole, combine the vegetables and bacon with the rice and quinoa mixture.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes or bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 121 | Fat 2g | Carbs 21g | Fiber 2g