Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Rinse squash, pierce each with a fork several times, and set in a 10- by 15-inch pan. Add ¾ cup water to pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven until the squash are tender when pierced, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a 4- to 5-quart pan, stir chopped pecans over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add olive oil, onions, and celery to the pan; stir over medium-high heat until the onions are limp, about 6 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, wild rice, and sage. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, cover, and simmer until both of the grains are tender to bite, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Stir in apricots, cherries, cranberries, and pecans.
- Add salt to taste. Keep warm until squash are ready.
- When the squash are cooked, hold with a thick towel to protect hands, and cut ½ to ¾ inch off tops to form lids. Scoop out and discard seeds.
- If needed, trim a little off squash bases so they sit steady and level.
- Mound grain stuffing into squash cavities.
- Set squash lids on filling and serve, adding salt to taste.