ChupaNote: not enough spice/bam in this for me. Next time I'll add red pepper flakes to oil, or a hot pepper to the bell pepper or use an extra spicy salsa. Stir in your favorite jarred salsa for extra zing. Also good the next day for lunch.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well This Week
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 06.26.07
- Active time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- Makes 2 servings, about ½ cup each
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons broth (or water)
- ½ cup hot cooked quinoa
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook until almost tender.
- Add beans and broth (or water) to the pan.
- Cook until heated through.
- Stir in quinoa.
Nutritional information Edit
- 162 calories | 4g fat (0g sat, 2g mono) | 0mg cholesterol | 27g carbohydrate | 6g protein | 4g fiber | 60mg sodium | 224mg potassium
- Carbohydrate servings: 2
- 3 pts