This golden, glorious dessert is made with real fruit, quince marmalade, egg whites, and fruit preserves, and is baked to a succulent aroma. It is perfect with other fruits or desserts.
- 14 oz / 400 g. quince paste (obtained from approx. 20 oz. / 600 g. quinces)
- 3 quinces, peeled
- 14 oz / 400 g. confectioner's sugar
- 10 whipped egg whites
- 3 – 4 tablespoons quince marmalade
- 1 tablespoon olive or corn oil
- fruits from preserves, blueberry or strawberry only
- Brush a baking pan with the oil. Boil and sieve the quinces.
- When the quince paste is cold, mix with 14 oz / 400 g sugar, added gradually, by tablespoons.
- Add the whipped egg whites and mix gently. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Bake each part individually, for 5 – 10 minutes each, in the baking pan that was covered with oiled paper.
- As they are done, immediately moisten the paper with water and remove it.
- Let all sheets cool off, then spread quince marmalade on each of them.
- Garnish the cake with fruits from preserves. Serve cold and plain or with other fruits or desserts.