Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 can chickpeas, 15 oz
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- parsley, chopped for garnish
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving ¼ to ½ cup of the liquid.
- Combine all ingredients except parsley in blender.
- Purée until smooth, adding chickpea liquid if needed to thin the puree.
- Refrigerate for 3 – 6 hours before serving to blend the flavors.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serve with vegetables, pita bread or as a sandwich spread.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving = ¼ cup:
- 111 cal
- pro 5g
- carb 8g
- fat 6g
- sodium 82 mg
- exchanges: 1 low meat, 1 fat