Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Quite awhile ago, someone was looking for gluten-free recipes. Since i have developed severe allergies to grains, it was suggested to me by somneone here on the echo that it could be the gluten content that was giving me trouble. So i decided to try the gluten-free grains. The gluten-free grains do not interchange readily in baking recipes. A few days ago, i happened upon the gluten-free gourmet living well without wheat by Bette Hagman at the half price book store. This book is a real gem and i hope whoever was looking for gluten-free recipes sees this MSG. We have tried a couple of the recipes and they really are pretty tasty--- i hadn't eaten a bakery item in over 3 months! here is the muffin recipe that i made on Easter morning and everyone thought they were good.
- Makes 8 muffins.
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix (recipe-follows) or all rice flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk or nondairy liquid
- ¼ tsp vanilla
Gluten-free flour mix Edit
- In the mixing bowl, cream together sugar and shortening.
- Then beat in the eggs.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder and add to the egg mixture alternately with the milk. Don't overbeat.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- These are best mixed by hand.
- Pour into greased muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F degree oven for about 20 minutes.