Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 links smoked spicy beef sausages, slices
- 6.8 oz box Spanish seasoned rice and vermicelli mix
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 14 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and shrimp, saute 3 minutes until just cooked.
- With slotted spoon, remove shrimp to bowl.
- Cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion and sausage, 3 minutes.
- Add rice mix without seasoning packet, cook rice 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, tomatoes, peas, seasoning packet.
- Simmer, covered 20 minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp and artichoke, heat through.