Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: American Diabetic Association
- 4 servings
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- dash hot pepper sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 oz precooked jumbo shrimp
- Place all the ingredients except the shrimp in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cover, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3 oz shrimp with sauce and ¼ cup ric)e:
- Calories 182 (Calories from Fat 14) | Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 0g) | Cholesterol 167mg | Sodium 396mg | Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g) | Protein 21g
- Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat | 1 Starch | 1 Vegetable