- Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms (about 5 cups) -- sliced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic — minced
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme — crushed
- 2 x 13 oz cans vegetable broth
- 1 x 14½ oz can stewed tomatoes, cut into—bite size pieces
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 x 15 oz cans cannellini beans — rinsed and drained
- In a dutch oven or large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme, and cook and stir until onion is very tender and mushrooms are slightly golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes (including liquid), and wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans until smooth; add to stew.
- Stir in remaining beans and heat until hot, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.