Mole is often paired with chicken. I think it's best with black bean or beef enchiladas.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Rachel Ray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (once around the pan) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, grated or minced
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato sauce
- chopped fresh oregano (the leaves off one or two stems, chopped, about 1 tsp)
- 1 tbsp dark chili powder (half a palmful)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a pinch allspice
- coarse salt, to taste
- ½ oz unsweetened chocolate (half of one square)
- Heat garlic in oil until it speaks by beginning to sizzle.
- Add onion by grating it directly into the pot using a hand grater.
- Cook onion for a minute or two to sweeten.
- Add tomato puree.
- Heat through.
- Add seasonings and chocolate.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate melts into sauce.
- Reduce heat to warm and keep sauce warm until enchiladas (made from scratch or store bought) are ready.