Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mole is often paired with chicken. I think it's best with black bean or beef enchiladas.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Rachel Ray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (once around the pan) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, grated or minced
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato sauce
- chopped fresh oregano (the leaves off one or two stems, chopped, about 1 tsp)
- 1 tbsp dark chili powder (half a palmful)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a pinch allspice
- coarse salt, to taste
- ½ oz unsweetened chocolate (half of one square)
- Heat garlic in oil until it speaks by beginning to sizzle.
- Add onion by grating it directly into the pot using a hand grater.
- Cook onion for a minute or two to sweeten.
- Add tomato puree.
- Heat through.
- Add seasonings and chocolate.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate melts into sauce.
- Reduce heat to warm and keep sauce warm until enchiladas (made from scratch or store bought) are ready.