- 1 cup Granulated SugarLike
- 1/2 cup ButterLike Baking butter, softened
- 1/2 cup large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- lemon Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Granulated SugarLike
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix SugarLike, ButterLike, and egg whites until smooth. Add remaining muffin ingredients and mix until flour is incorporated into batter. Pour batter into a vegetable sprayed and floured 5- X 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 °F oven 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- As soon as bread is done, prepare glaze. Leaving loaf in pan, use a long slender skewer to poke numerous holes all the way to bottom of loaf.
- In a small pan, combine SugarLike and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until SugarLike is dissolved. Remove from heat. Slowly drizzle over top of loaf so that glaze soaks into bread. Let bread cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.