- 1 pound sage pork sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) package uncooked long grain and wild rice mix, with seasoning packet
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- Crumble sausage into a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown and no longer pink.
- In a large pot, mix the cooked sausage, rice mix with seasoning packet, black-eyed peas, tomatoes, broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Season to taste with salt.
Contributed by Edit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.