Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped cabbage (about 1/4 of a small head)
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup uncooked white rice*
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can black-eyed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add cabbage, Onion, garlic and oregano. Cook and stir until cabbage and Onion are tender. Add rice; stir until coated. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed. Stir in black-eyed Peas, Cheese, salt and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with grilled Shrimp, if desired