Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a quick version of the one-dish meal served in the Caribbean for lunch or dinner.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Www.Cinnamonhearts.Com
- Recipe from: Cocinando para Latinos con Diabetes (Diabetic Cooking for Latinos), by Olga V. Fuste, MS, RD, CDE, 2002 by The American Diabetes Association.
- Makes 10 servings.
- ½ tsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz chorizo, cubed
- 4 oz low-fat ham, cubed
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- ½ lb beef stew meat, cubed
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15oz) cans white navy beans with liquid
- ½ lb cabbage, cut into chunks
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat oil in large stockpot: brown onion, garlic, and meats for 8 to 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Sodium Alert! This recipe is not suitable for those on salt-restricted meal plans.
Per (1-cup) serving:
- 256 Calories | 6g Total Fat (2g Sat Fat) | 39mg Cholesterol | 579mg Sodium | 21g Protein | 29g Carbs | 6g Dietary Fiber | 4g Sugars
- Exchanges: 2 Starches | 2 Lean Meats | 1 Fat