Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Betty Crocker's Cook Book for Boys and girls, out of copyright
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1½ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix sugar and cocoa in saucepan. Stir in butter, milk, corn syrup.
- Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take out spoon and set pan in cold water. When you can hold your hand on the bottom of the pan the syrup is cool enough.
- Then, stir in 1½ cups confectioners' sugar and vanilla. You may need to add an additional ½ cup of confectioners' sugar.
- Stir the icing until thick enough to spread. Add more confectioners' sugar or milk if needed.
- To make fudge, add more confectioners' sugar and chopped nuts.