Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe also may be used for muffins.
- Recipe by: McDougall
- Preparation time: 0:30
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1½ cup water, warm
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add optional spices, if desired.
- Mix honey and warm water together, then add to dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed.
- Pour into lightly oiled or non-stick 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Helpful hints: various spices may be added for different flavors.
- Pieces of finely chopped or grated vegetables also may be added.
- Try finely chopped onion, finely chopped green pepper, chopped green chilis, chopped pimento, grated carrots, grated zucchini.
- Used alone or in various combinations, they add special appeal to this simple, tasty corn bread.
- If you have a nonstick baking pan, it is not necessary to oil it first.
- Increase baking powder to 4 teaspoons.
- Fill oiled or papered muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes.