Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Quiche Maison Edie, serves 4 - 6 and makes either a good entree or a side-dish.
- 1 pastry shell (quiche shell preferred)
- ¼ pound of prosciutto
- ¼ pound of Gruyere cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash of black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- parsley sprigs and a pinch of nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Cut or tear the prosciutto and cheese into small pieces.
- Spread the cheese and prosciutto the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Add the half-and-half, onion flakes and seasonings and blend until smooth.
- Set the pastry shell on a cookie sheet and fill with egg mixture.
- Bake on cookie sheet on the center rack until a knife inserted comes out clean. After about 30 minutes the quiche should be finished cooking.
- Carefully remove and put on an wire cooling rack for about 10 minutes to let it set.
- Garnish and serve while it's still warm.