Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Winter Squash Soup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 - 2 red chile seeded, chopped
- 1 x 2 lb winter squash peeled, and cut into ½" cubes (such as butternut or acorn, ideally calabaza)
- 4 cup beef or vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Finely-minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Sauté onions, tomato, garlic, and hot peppers in the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat until the onion is softened and the mixture is thick - about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the squash and the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in salt and sugar, then simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the squash has disintegrated and thickened the soup.
- When ready to serve, ladle into bowls and sprinkle a line of finely minced parsley across the top of each bowl surface.