Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Quesumacha. A savory cheese and potatos dish.
- 1 medium size diced onion
- 1 cup of grated fresh tomato
- 2 large spoons of Aji Amarillo
- 2 cups of grated cheese (cotila or ranchers low salt cheese)
- 1/2 cup of java beans or peas
- If java beans are used, peel off the case of each bean, par-boil until tender, set aside.
- Start with one medium diced yellow onion, one cup of grated tomatoes (discard the peel), java beans peeled and out of their case.
- Cook the onions with 2 spoons of vegetable oil until translucent, add the tomato and the prepared aji Amarillo.
- Add the java beans, let it simmer to achieve a thicker consistency. Add the cheese folding into the sauce add one cup of half and half until achieved consistency, add potatoes and serve.
Aji Amarillo is a chile with a unique flavor that gives this dish its renown quality. One can find it in a Peruvian market or other Latin American shops. If purchased in a dry pod form, it needs to be cleaned of seeds and soaked in warm water until reconstituted, then blended into a catshup consistency.