Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It's nice to know that a recipe that I already do is a diabetic recipe. Since we have been trying to eat better in hopes that I loose some weight. Just wonder whether its still considered diabetic when I add chicken to it. Not fried just cooked chicken.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 cup shredded Mexican chihuahua, monterey jack, pepper jack, or brick cheese
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 – 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
- 4 x 8-inch flour tortillas
- chunky salsa, for topping or dip
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cheese, green onion, and chilies; set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When hot, add 1 tortilla and sprinkle it with one-fourth of the cheese mixture.
- When the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute, fold the tortilla in half.
- Continue cooking until lightly browned andcrisp on both sides, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into 4 wedges with a knife or pizza cutter and serve immediately with the salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (2 Wedges):
- Calories: 134 | Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 12 Mg | Sodium: 211 Mg | Carbohydrate: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 6 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat