This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 medium cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 can diced green chilies drained
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat medium heavy skillet over low heat then add garlic cloves and cook until garlic skin is dark brown approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool then peel and slice garlic.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until slightly limp then add garlic and chilies.
- Remove from skillet and wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Place one tortilla in skillet.
- Arrange one fourth of the cheese on half of the tortilla then top with one fourth of the onion mixture.
- Fold remaining half of tortilla over filling.
- Cook on each side until light brown.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds.
- Serve immediately.