Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 medium cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 can diced green chilies drained
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat medium heavy skillet over low heat then add garlic cloves and cook until garlic skin is dark brown approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool then peel and slice garlic.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until slightly limp then add garlic and chilies.
- Remove from skillet and wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Place one tortilla in skillet.
- Arrange one fourth of the cheese on half of the tortilla then top with one fourth of the onion mixture.
- Fold remaining half of tortilla over filling.
- Cook on each side until light brown.
- Remove from skillet and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds.
- Serve immediately.