Also called Que Que Seco
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and dust with flour 10-inch nonstick bundt pan, and set aside.
- Place butter in large mixing bowl, and beat until creamy.
- Slowly beat in sugar a little at a time.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition and until mixture is creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt alternately with vanilla, and orange juice.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff in separate bowl.
- Fold into batter, and, when smooth, scoop into bundt pan.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until top of cake is lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool on rack for 5 minutes and invert cake onto rack to cool thoroughly.
- To serve, place cake on serving dish, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and complement cake, if desired, with sliced tropical fruits such as sliced mangos, bananas, pineapple and papayas.