Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Persian lamb and chickpea stew. A lovely, healthy, Persian dish, which can easily be made with cuts of Beef. Try it in place of your usual stew some evening! :)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs lamb shoulder, finely diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 10 green onions, chopped thin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery leaves
- ½ lb fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ⅔ cup garbanzo beans, drained
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large heavy pan, and saute the lamb until well browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, cooking until soft, then add salt, pepper to taste, turmeric, lemon juice, and water, bringing to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover, simmering for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and saute the onions, celery leaves, spinach, and parsley for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add these vegetables and the chickpeas to the meat and mix together thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer another 20 minutes, or until meat is tender, adding water as necessary to keep up with consistency.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.