Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Read more: Qatarvisitor.com
- small green pepper (less green pepper than onions and tomatoes)
- dried lemon - know as lemon aswad (black lemon, available in the souq)
- cloves (not more than three pieces)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- tbsp ebzar - or use ready made mix which includes cumin and pepper
- rice - soaked for at least 30 minutes
- , chicken, or meat
- Fry the onions and tomatoes (or use tomato sauce); sauté both in spices, cloves, cinnamon, ebzar/mix, salt and pepper, and black lemon.
- The black lemon is the key ingredient which makes this dish different from briyani.
- Add meat and brown - cook halfway add water and rice (enough water to cook the amount of rice) cook together until rice and meat are done and all water is absorbed.