Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 600 g flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 750ml water
- 50 g very finely chopped candied peel
- 250 g semolina
- pinch of ground cloves
- 50 g margarine
- Put all the filling ingredients (except the semolina) into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- After boiling thicken with semolina, adding only a little at a time.
- Continue cooking tor a few seconds and leave to cool.
- Rub the margarine into the flour, and bind with the yolks and a little water.
- Leave the pastry to set for two hours before using.
- Roll out the pastry into long strips of 8cm by 15cm.
- Put some filling in the middle, the whole length of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry.
- Now bring the two ends of the pastry together to form a ring.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with semolina, put the rings on the sheet and bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes.
- Before cooking, take a sharp knife and lash the pastry in different places.