Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lithuanian coffee cake
- 2 cakes yeast, softened in ¼ c. lukewarm water sweetened with ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Soften yeast in water and sugar; set aside.
- Heat milk below boiling, add butter, sugar and salt.
- Cool and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating in bowl.
- Add flour, softened yeast and vanilla.
- Wait 15 minutes and knead dough until dough becomes satiny.
- Place dough in a greased bowl in a warm place.
- After it doubles in bulk (about 2 hours) punch down.
- Add 1 cup golden raisins and knead to distribute them.
- Divide in half and form 2 loaves.
- Allow to rise 1 hour.
- Bake 350°F for about 45 minutes.