Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Traditional South African staple.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan then add the salt and pour the meal into the centre of the pan so that it forms a pile (do not stir).
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Take a large fork (2 pronged meat fork is best) and stir the mixture until the pap is a fine-grained crumble (similar to coucous).
- Re-cover set over a low heat and allow to simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot in place of rice or mashed potatoes.