Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 35 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes (reserve Juice), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, well rinsed
- ⅔ cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley, leaves stripped from stems
- Heat oil in a heavy nonreactive pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and stir.
- Remove from heat and allow hot oil to turn the garlic to pale gold (Approximately 10 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, capers,, pepper flakes, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- Return to medium low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low.
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente
- Drain well.
- Toss pasta with sauce then sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.