- Broil the eggplant over a direct flame, or bake in a pan lined with aluminum foil in a 450 °F.
- Oven, turning once or twice to bake evenly on all sides, until the eggplant is soft and the skin separates from the eggplant.
- Remove the skin; chop the eggplant pulp in a chopping bowl until very fine.
- Add the lemon juice and blend well.
- Mix in the salt and pepper, minced onion, and minced green pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning; chill.
- Before serving, add the oil and stir until well mixed.
- Serve on salad greens.
- Garnish with tomato wedges.