Norwegian leek soup, Serves 6-8
- 3 T. butter
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 5 potatoes, medium
- 2 carrots, medium
- ¼ cup (½ dl) flour
- 1 quart (liter) beef broth
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. peper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter .
- Cut the leeks in half and wash .
- Dice the potatoes and carrots and add with the leeks to the saucepan.
- Cook five minutes while stirring .
- Add flour , remove from heat and add broth all at once while continuing to stir.
- Reduce heat and let simmer .
- Pour soup over egg yolks, a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve at once.