Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 slices Bacon, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced okra*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked Ham (about 3 ounces) julienned
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook Bacon over medium heat in large skillet until brown; drain fat. Stir in Onion, pepper, okra and garlic; saute 2 to 3 minutes or until Onion is tender.
- Add Ham; continue cooking 3 minutes. Add rice, tomato, thyme, salt, bail and pepper flakes. Heat thoroughly; serve as a side dish or a main dish.