Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 18.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- With your fingertips, rub ghee or oil.
- Gradually add water to form a firm dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 50 minutes.
- Divide into 18 portions and roll each into a 14 cm (5½ inch) circle.
- Heat 3 cm 1¼ inches) oil in a deep frying pan until moderately hot; fry one at a time, spooning oil over until they puff up and swell.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.