Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- basil oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. small, tender zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 cup skim-milk or whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup 1% or whole milk
1. To make basil oil: In small pan of boiling water, blanch basil leaves for about 30 seconds. Transfer leaves to colander, and rinse with cold water. Squeeze basil, and put in food processor. Add olive oil, and process until puréed. Pour into small bowl.
2. To make Soup: Warm oil in large pot over medium heat. Add shallots and celery; cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to soften, 3 or 4 minutes. Add garlic, zucchini, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini begins to soften, 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Add stock, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes.
5. In small bowl, mix ricotta with just enough milk to thin to consistency of yogurt. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with dollop of ricotta mixture, and drizzle with 1 teaspoon basil oil or more as desired.