Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced leeks
- 1 lb portabello mushrooms, gills removed, trimmed and diced
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt together the olive oil and butter, then add the Onion, celery, and leeks, and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cleaned and trimmed sliced portabellos, garlic, and thyme and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sherry and sauté until the liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the stock and increase temperature to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Puree batches of soup in a well-covered blender, processing until smooth and all the soup has been made creamy.
- Return soup to saucepan and make sure it’s all heated through.
- Garnish servings with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy