Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tbs. shortening (not liquid oil)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (approximately)
- 1/2 pound shredded Muenster Cheese
- Combine dry ingredients, cut shortening into dry ingredients with pastry blender; add warm water a few drops at a time and work dough with hands until manageable. Knead dough 15-20 times then allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Form dough into balls the size of an egg; roll out one at a time until they are 6 inches in diameter. Add some of the Cheese on top then put another layer of the tortilla. Place on a hot ungreased skillet (one at a time). Cook 2 minutes on each side until done. Serve with cabbage and shredded carrots on top.