- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ½ pound ground meat
- 20 canned (19 ounces) plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 10 crêpes, store bought or homemade
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1¼ cups Balkan-style yogurt or thick plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp nutmeg
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the oil and then sauté the onions with the ground meat adding about 1 Tbs water. Then add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and marjoram and simmer until the liquid has evaporated. Fill the crepes with these ingredients and arrange seam side down in a buttered casserole dish.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and set aside. Mix the yogurt with the yolks, salt, cheese, and nutmeg. Fold in the egg whites. Pour over the crepes and bake for about 15 minutes.