- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 500 g mustard greens (or spinach)
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 2 hot green chillies
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Wash, trim, and finely chop greens.
- Put 2 cups water into a large pot with the salt and the greens.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain excess liquid into a jug.
- Mash greens thoroughly in the pot then stir in cornflour.
- Return to heat with half a cup of reserved liquid.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Set aside.
- In another pan heat ghee and lightly fry ginger, garlic, and chillies for 3-5 minutes.
- Add contents of pan into the pot of greens and mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!.