Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tort Puns
- 8 eggs
- 7 oz / 210 g confectioner's sugar
- 5 oz / 140 g flour
- juice from 1 lemon and 1 orange
- ¼ cup rum
- 1½ oz / 40 g chocolate
- 2 – 3 tablespoons apricot marmalade
- butter and flour for the pan
- chocolate icing
- Beat the yolks with the confectioner's sugar.
- Add the sugar gradually and keep mixing.
- Then add the whipped egg whites, then the flour at the end.
- Mix gently.
- Pour this mixture into a rectangular pan which was previously greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Use an appropriate size pan so that the batter is not thicker than ½ inch.
- Bake the batter until golden brown.
- When ready, use a round cutting board or plate to cut 2 round sheets out of the rectangle.
- The remainder is cubed and divided into 3 equal parts.
- Soak one third of the cubes with orange and lemon juice.
- Soak another third with red colored (use food coloring) rum.
- Add the last third to the chocolate melted with 4 tablespoons of water.
- Then mix all the different cubes together.
- Spread apricot marmalade on the first sheet.
- Place the mixed cubes over the marmalade, pressing with a knife so that there are no empty spaces between cubes.
- Place the second sheet on top, pressing it slightly.
- Glaze with chocolate icing.