In Romanian: Tort Puns
- 8 eggs
- 7 oz / 210 g confectioner's sugar
- 5 oz / 140 g flour
- juice from 1 lemon and 1 orange
- ¼ cup rum
- 1½ oz / 40 g chocolate
- 2 – 3 tablespoons apricot marmalade
- butter and flour for the pan
- chocolate icing
- Beat the yolks with the confectioner's sugar.
- Add the sugar gradually and keep mixing.
- Then add the whipped egg whites, then the flour at the end.
- Mix gently.
- Pour this mixture into a rectangular pan which was previously greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Use an appropriate size pan so that the batter is not thicker than ½ inch.
- Bake the batter until golden brown.
- When ready, use a round cutting board or plate to cut 2 round sheets out of the rectangle.
- The remainder is cubed and divided into 3 equal parts.
- Soak one third of the cubes with orange and lemon juice.
- Soak another third with red colored (use food coloring) rum.
- Add the last third to the chocolate melted with 4 tablespoons of water.
- Then mix all the different cubes together.
- Spread apricot marmalade on the first sheet.
- Place the mixed cubes over the marmalade, pressing with a knife so that there are no empty spaces between cubes.
- Place the second sheet on top, pressing it slightly.
- Glaze with chocolate icing.