Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 x 16-ounce can pumpkin
- ½ to 1 cup finely grated fresh pumpkin (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, pumpkin, fresh pumpkin, coriander, pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Top each serving with ½ cup rice.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.