Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These big soft spice cookies, created by our Test Kitchen staff, have a sweet frosting that makes them an extra special treat. Enjoy!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Light & Tasty
- Prep 15 minutes | Cook 20 minutes | Total 35 minutes
- Yield: 32 cookies
- 1 package (18¼ ounces) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 – 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies.
Nutritional information Edit
- 123 calories | 2g fat (trace saturated fat) | 7mg cholesterol | 102mg sodium | 25g carbohydrate | 1g fiber | 1g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1½ starch | ½ fat