These big soft spice cookies, created by our Test Kitchen staff, have a sweet frosting that makes them an extra special treat. Enjoy!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Light & Tasty
- Prep 15 minutes | Cook 20 minutes | Total 35 minutes
- Yield: 32 cookies
- 1 package (18¼ ounces) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 to 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with nonstick cooking spray; flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 – 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough orange juice to achieve desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies.
Nutritional information Edit
- 123 calories | 2g fat (trace saturated fat) | 7mg cholesterol | 102mg sodium | 25g carbohydrate | 1g fiber | 1g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1½ starch | ½ fat