Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from The Printey Estate sale. It was obtained it as part of the Family Collection from The Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely ground walnuts
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and xanthan gum.
- Blend Well.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugars about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Blend in the pumpkin.
- Measure out buttermilk and add vanilla to it.
- Beat flour and spice mixture into the pumpkin mixture
- Beat in buttermilk mixture.
- Gently stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.