- 1/2 c Onion diced
- 5 c Homemade chicken stock
- 2 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- salt and nutmeg
- cayenne pepper
- 2 c Light cream
- Whipped cream
- Fresh chives
- Cook, covered, in boiling water about 25 minutes.
- Mash and let drain in strainer for 30 minutes.
- Cook diced Onion with stock in a saucepan for about 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree and seasonings.
- Process in blende .
- Add cream and heat through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Ladle into pumpkin shell replace lid, and ladle into individual bowls at the table.
- Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped chives.