Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Recipe submitted to SparkPeople by GALAXIGRL
- Number of Servings: 7
- 1 x 15-oz can 100% pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 2 tsp chicken stock or vegetarian chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ or 1 tsp cinnamon (I used 1 tsp)
- ½ or 1 tsp salt (I used 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp white flour (optional; for thickening)
- 1 head (approx. 4 cups) cauliflower, finely chopped (optional)
- Chop cauliflower very small.
- Steam until soft.
- Mix together all other ingredients in a large soup kettle.
- Add cauliflower to soup.
- Heat until bubbly.
- The longer you leave it sit before serving, the thicker and better it will be!
Nutritional information Edit
- 55.7 Calories | 0.4g Fat | 11.5g Carbs | 3.2g Protein