Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 24 rolls
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110°F)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- about 1½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice or 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp cloves
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ginger
- 2½ – 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ – 2 cups whole wheat flour
- non-stick vegetable spray
- In a large bowl or food processor, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add honey, margarine, salt, dry milk, pumpkin, spices.
- Beat well to blend, then gradually beat in about 4 cups of the combined flours to make a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead until smooth about 15 to 20 minutes, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Turn dough over in a bowl coated with nonstick spray, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (1½ - 2 hours) punch down dough, knead briefly on a lightly floured board to release air.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces.
- Shape each into a smooth ball and place balls in 2 greased 9-inch round baking pans coated with nonstick spray.
- Cover and let rise until almost double.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on racks.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 roll serving:
- 121 calories | 3 g protein | 1 g fat | 24 g carbohydrate | .3 g fiber | 0 cholesterol | 103 mg sodium | 82 mg potassium
- Exchange: 1½ starch/bread