Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- 1¾ cups chicken broth, undiluted
- 4 cups water
- 1½ cups pumpkin
- 6 slices hickory smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cook pepper and onion in oil in skillet over medium-high heat until soft.
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth. Cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed.
- Combine water and pumpkin; stir well. Continue stirring and adding pumpkin mixture, one cup at a time; allow each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and has a creamy consistency, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in bacon, salt, white pepper and pie spice. Stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.