Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes twenty-four 4-inch pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup unbleached enriched white flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter onto a hot griddle that has been lightly oiled.
- Flip the pancakes over when bubbles break around the edges.
- Serve hot with rum flavored fruit sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
- One pancake = 98 calories
- Exchange Value = 1 bread exchange + ½ fat exchange