- 2 cups flour
- 7 T. plus 1 t. sugar, divided
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 5 T. cold butter, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 7 T. sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger and baking soda.
- Cut in 4 T. butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine the egg, pumpkin and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat into an 8 inch circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining butter; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Makes 8 scones.