- ½ kg Diced butternut pumpkin/squash (1.1 lb)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 4 tb oil
- 400 ml coconut cream (About 1½ cups)
- 200 ml water (about 1 cup)
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves For garnish
- Heat oil and cook mustard seeds until they burst.
- Add chopped onion and fry until tender.
- Add chopped tomato and turmeric, cook briefly approximately 2 minutes).
- Put in the diced pumpkin, salt and water. Stir well to coat the pumpkin.
- Add coconut cream. Cover and cook until pumpkin is soft — this depends on how small/large you dice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.