Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a heavy sauce pan heat egg yolks with sugar until blended then stir in pumpkin, whipping cream and spices and cook over medium-low heat stirring until mixture coats back of a silver spoon about 10-15 minutes (do not boil).
- Stir in vanilla then pour into a 1-quart casserole and refrigerate 6 hours or longer.
- 2 hours before serving soft brown sugar over chilled mixture and broil 4 minutes to allow sugar to melt.
- Serve with fresh fruit if desired.